I am happy to report I completed my February NaMoPaiMo horse within the timeline in February! I managed to finish it even after getting the flu (type B!) AND strep at the same time. It took me out for a week, but I made up for lost time - at the dissatisfaction of my daughter (and possibly husband).
I used pastels for the very first time and found I really liked working with that medium over straight acrylics. I learned I truly sucked at painting, but scraping pastel on a paper plate and applying to the model worked better for me. If I could do it over, I would have chosen a smaller model for my first time. The draft I chose was gigantic, but I've never been one to back away from a challenge!
I was able to test my customizing at my first model horse show of the year in Ashland, Ohio last weekend. His show name is: Prime Directive and he earned a 1st place in breed and a 3rd place in workmanship. I was over the moon!
NaMoPaiMo introduced me to an entirely new group of people with phenomenal talents. They were so willing to share their knowledge and cheer everyone on. Since the competition started I haven't stopped painting new horses.
Hopefully I will leave time for writing!